East Isles Residents Association seeks a Part Time Neighborhood Administrator Position Overview: The East Isles Residents Association (EIRA) seeks a part time Neighborhood Administrator to provide staff support for its community engagement initiatives, outreach activities and events, and administrative duties under the direction of the EIRA Board.
The ideal candidate will have a working understanding of Minneapolis city and Park Board government; experience with community engagement; experience with supporting a volunteer board; volunteer and event coordination; website support and administration; strong organizational skills; and be strong self-starter. The Administrator will also be responsible for administering most aspects of EIRA communications (mailings, electronic, and web) and coordinating with the EIRA board to promote and support the organization’s projects and initiatives. Duties will include:
- Attend monthly EIRA meetings (2nd Tuesday of every month at Grace-Trinity Community Church from 7:00-9:00 pm) and the annual member meeting (April).
- Prepare monthly meeting minutes, agenda, schedule speakers, and provide periodic reports to EIRA.
- Produce, manage contracts, and submit reports to the City of Minneapolis for Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP) and Community Participation Program (CPP)
- Work with EIRA’s NRP Committee to manage the neighborhood’s Phase I & II plans. Schedule and attend committee meetings.
- Create yearly budget for CPP and neighborhood activity.
- Update events and informational posts on website (WordPress). Entering content only, no technical experience needed.
- Create monthly e-newsletter (Constant Contact) and prepare e-blasts as necessary.
- Post events on Facebook, Twitter and NextDoor
- Coordinate ad placement and other submissions to local newspapers.
- Manage membership mailing and maintain membership list
- Support Social Committee in planning events and coordinating volunteer efforts for various EIRA events. Attendance at our main social events is expected unless you have a prior commitment with advanced notice.
- Attend relevant meetings to represent EIRA and its initiatives as directed.
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage and coordinate all aspects of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and assist in managing EIRA spending as requested and NRP/CPP funding.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally.
- Working knowledge of using spreadsheets, websites, email marketing, and social media platforms.
This is a part-time, flexible, contract position at approximately 10-15 hours per week at between $25 and $35 per hour depending on skills, experience and qualifications. There are no benefits attached to this position. Coordinator will be expected to provide their own general office equipment in their own workspace. To apply, please contact us.